Mar 31, 2010

The Metropolitan Museum of Art

MET
We saw so much, and the museum is soo HUGE that after 6 hours of walking around I reached the Japanese Art part, I couldnt take anything anymore..
First of all, I fell in love again with Egyptian sculpting.
This is a whole Egyptian temple in the museum..
where I finally saw those graffitis of the soldiers of Napoleon, who wrote their names on the ancient Egyptian buildings. I read about them in my history books back then..

but my new discovery was the art of Oceania. These masks are mind blowing.



A nice presentation of Paradise
My favorite picture from the whole museum, (and OF COURSE I forgot, who the artist is..)
although all the famous guys were hanging there..
me and Anish Kapoor
and this is the part where I gave it up
well.. tomorrow its MoMA time! So I go to bed now..

No comments:

Post a Comment